Over the past 5 years Jack & Third Man Records have brought to life many ideas that were new to the century-old vinyl format. Today they unveil the Lazaretto ULTRA LP:
– 180 gram vinyl
– 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
– 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
– Side A plays from the outside in
– Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
– Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
– Both sides end with locked grooves
– Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
– Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
– Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
– Different running order from the CD/digital version
– LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version
Watch Jack and Ben Blackwell discuss and demonstrate the ULTRA LP features below.
Trouble Viewing? Click here.
Both the Lazaretto ULTRA LP and the Vault version of the Lazaretto LP contain all ULTRA LP features. Both will also come with an MP3 download card. Pre-orders for the Lazaretto ULTRA LP begin today. Lazaretto will be officially released on June 9th/10th on Third Man Records.